"SLC5X: applications/archiving: dump
dump - Programs for backing up and restoring ext2/ext3 filesystems
The dump package contains both dump and restore. Dump examines files
in a filesystem, determines which ones need to be backed up, and
copies those files to a specified disk, tape, or other storage medium.
The restore command performs the inverse function of dump; it can
restore a full backup of a filesystem. Subsequent incremental backups
can then be layered on top of the full backup. Single files and
directory subtrees may also be restored from full or partial backups.
Install dump if you need a system for both backing up filesystems and
restoring filesystems after backups.
by Adam Tkac (2011-09-17):
- rebuild against new libblkid to improve dump performance (#734039)
by Adam Tkac (2010-07-23):
- restore EAs before setting the immutable flag (#494303)
- restore multivolume backups correctly
by Adam Tkac (2009-04-05):
- display dump level correctly in all cases (#493635)
- -A option is not valid when -P is specified, correct manual page (#490627)
- fix typos in manual pages (#489853)