"SLC5X: applications/text: grep
grep - The GNU versions of grep pattern matching utilities.
The GNU versions of commonly used grep utilities. Grep searches
through textual input for lines which contain a match to a specified
pattern and then prints the matching lines. GNU's grep utilities
include grep, egrep and fgrep.
You should install grep on your system, because it is a very useful
utility for searching through text.
by Stepan Kasal (2009-05-08):
- fix hang under non-UTF-8 multibyte locales (#479151)
- with lines longer than 200 MB, give up rather than print incorrect
- fix an off-by-one error which might cause segfault (#452127)
- a doc improvement (#484366)
- Resolves: #479151, #452127, #483073, and 484366