Solaris x86 binary archive -- New Listings
Please see the README before
downloading and installing these programs. Also see a recent
post I made to comp.unix.solaris concerning installation of the programs found here.
If you would like to see a program added or updated, drop me a note. You will also note that the color of this page changes when updates have been made.
Wed Apr 30 1997
- Firewall Tool Kit 2.0
- The TIS Internet Firewall Toolkit is a set of programs and configuration
practices designed to facilitate the building of network firewalls. Components
of the toolkit, while designed to work together, can be used in isolation or can be
combined with other firewall components. The toolkit software is designed to run
on UNIX systems using TCP/IP with a Berkeley-style "socket" interface. Fwtk home page
- Solaris x86 GCC Pentium Compiler Complete source and executables
- Pentium optimized compiler for Solaris-x86 from Fiver Enterprises Inc. (Bob Palowoda)
Solaris x86 GCC Pentium Compiler homepage
- ImageMagick 3.8.1
- ImageMagick is a package for display and interactive
manipulation of images for the X Window System.
Image Magick documentation
- Imap beta from the University of Washington. The Internet Message Access Protocol,
Version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1) allows a client to access and manipulate electronic mail
messages on a server. IMAP4rev1 permits manipulation of remote message folders, called
"mailboxes", in a way that is functionally equivalent to local mailboxes. IMAP4rev1
also provides the capability for an offline client to resynchronize with the server. Security fix for CERT* Advisory CA-97.09.
- JOE is the professional freeware ASCII text screen editor for UNIX.
It makes full use of the power and versatility of UNIX, but lacks the steep
learning curve and basic nonsense you have to deal with in every other UNIX
- The mcvert program translates files between MacBinary format
and other formats often used in exchanging Macintosh files.
See FILE FORMATS below for a description of the file formats
supported. Mcvert archive
- Mtools is a public domain collection of programs to allow Unix systems to
read, write, and manipulate files on an MSDOS filesystem (typically a diskette).
Each program attempts to emulate the MSDOS equivalent command as closely as
practical. Mtools documentation
- Mutt is a small but very powerful text-based mail client for Unix
operating systems. Though written from scratch, Mutt's initial
interface was based largely on the ELM mail client.
- Mysql is a small, fast and capable relational database in the tradition of
Hughes Technologies Mini SQL database. Mysql has the following features: multi-threading.,
a Join Optimizer with one pass multi-join, fixed and variable length records, an ODBC driver,
a flexible privilege and password system up to 16 keys per table, and many more. Mysql documentation
- nmh (new MH) is an electronic mail handling system. It was
originally based on the package MH-6.8.3, and is intended to be
a (mostly) compatible drop-in replacement for MH. Nmh documentation
- Patch will take a patch file containing any of the four
forms of difference listing produced by the diff program
and apply those differences to an original file, producing
a patched version. Patch documentation
- Phttpd is a free multithreaded, lightweight & fast World Wide Web
server. Phttpd uses features like multithreading, dynamic linking and
memory mapping to achieve quick response time, extensibility and high
transfer rates, without consuming huge system resources.
- Ssh (Secure Shell) is a program to log into another
computer over a network, to execute commands in a remote
machine, and to move files from one machine to another. It
provides strong authentication and secure communications over
Insecure channels. Ssh documentation
- XAnim is a program that can display animations of various
formats on systems running X11. Including FLI, GIF89a, Amiga PFX, Quicktime,
and AVI. Xanim documentation
- It's a news reader, no it's a mail reader, no it's a web browser, no it's xemacs the
editor that put the X in extensible. Readme
Xemacs home page
- Network time syncronization daemon and cliets.